• chevron_right1. What is a homeowner's association?
    A homeowner's association is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and managed by a duly elected Board of Directors. Its purpose is to maintain all common areas and to govern the community in accordance with the provision of the legal documents: CC&Rs, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. (The governing legal documents for most associations are available online through the association website.) Membership in the Association is automatic and mandatory for all homeowners, who support the corporation financially through payment of assessments, also known as “dues”, or homeowner association fees.
  • chevron_right2. What is the Board of Directors?
    The Homeowner's Association is a corporation and therefore requires a governing body to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitations and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors are outlined in the Association governing documents. There are five Directors on the Master Kings Crossing Board.
  • chevron_right3. What is a "management company," what do they do, and how do I reach them?
    A management company is professional company that is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, issuing violation notices, and providing financial statements and collection reports. A management company can also serve as an advisor and general clearing house for problem solving and communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors.
    Our management company is Symmetry Commercial Management. Carol Winkler is the Community Manager for the Master Kings Crossing HOA. She works from an office located at at 302 Rosebud Avenue, Corpus Christi, TX 78404. Carol reports directly to the Master Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
  • chevron_right4. What are the CC&Rs?
    The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The CC&Rs were recorded by the County recorder's office of the county in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure on the part of a homeowner to abide by the CC&Rs may result in a fine to the homeowner by the Association. A copy of the Kings Crossing CC&Rs can be found in the Documents section of this website.
  • chevron_right5. What are the Bylaws?
    The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership's voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business. Kings Crossing Bylaws can be found in the Documents section of this website.
  • chevron_right6. Are there other rules?
    Typically, yes. Most associations have additional rules that are sent to all owners annually and are usually available through the Association website.  These rules and guidelines are generally intended to maintain the aesthetic value and integrity of the community on behalf of all owners and to help protect the value of property. Violation of these rules on the part of homeowners may result in action by the Board of Directors that could include a fine.
  • chevron_right7. If I have a problem with a neighbor regarding a violation of the policies and guidelines, what can I do?
    If homeowners cannot resolve a situation between themselves they can turn to the Association. If you're involved in a situation that does not appear to be resolved through neighborly means and if you're willing to actively participate in the enforcement provided by the Policies and Guidelines, you can contact your HOA Manager. If the situation involves a violation of the Policies and Guidelines, the Board of Directors will initiate enforcement proceedings. Your continued assistance may be required during resolution of the situation.
  • chevron_right8. Are Board Meetings open to all residents; where and when are they held?
    Yes, board meetings are open to all homeowners. Notice of the time and place of all regular board meetings is published in emails, in the Association newsletter and on the website. Unless notified in advance of a change, the Board meetings for Master Kings Crossing are held monthly on the third Tuesday. It is recommended that you contact the Management Office to put your topic on the agenda. However, there is an Open Session for Q & A or comments from attendees.
    The date, time & location will be posted to the homepage.
  • chevron_right9. What is my assessment?
    The HOA assessment, also known as “dues” is the annual amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and to provide for reserve funds for the repair and/or replacement of common facilities in future years. Dues amounts are published in each HOA Association (Master, Garden Court, The Domain) budget, which is available through this website. Refer to the Dues Menu on the Home page for assessment amounts.
  • chevron_right10. Will my assessment go up?
    There is no simple yes or no answer to this question. In order to cover increased costs of operating and maintaining the common area and to sufficient reserve funds, the Board of Directors may approve increases in budget that could increase your assessment up to the percentage allowed by the Conditions, Covenants, and Restrictions. In Kings Crossing, the Board may increase dues 10% within any given year. However, any other special assessment must be voted on by the homeowners with a majority of 67%.
  • chevron_right11. What happens if I don't pay my assessment?
    The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in a late charge (currently $25.00 per month). The CC&Rs allow the Association to assess late charges and interest and to elevate the infraction with a lien on your property and even foreclosure proceedings for nonpayment of assessments
  • chevron_right12. When and how to submit an Architectural Change Request form?
    In general any major exterior modifications visible from other properties or common areas require advance review and approval by the Architecture Review Committee (ARC) or the Board before project work can begin. Examples of requests are for Street side Landscaping, Driveway, Fence, Pool, Gazebo, Deck/Patio, Patio Cover, Storage Shed, Sports Court/Play Set, Room Addition, Window Replacement, Garage Addition, Garage Door, Outside lighting. 
    All request forms must be submitted and approved in writing before beginning any such project. Most requests will be processed as quickly as possible if the proper detailed information is submitted.
    Please prepare and reference or attach the following type of documentation as applicable: Paint color chart or chips, Roofing Brochures, Landscaping Plan, Architectural Designs, Window brochure/dimensions, Garage Door Brochure, 
    Deck, Patio or Gazebo plotted design, Outdoor lighting Design, Sports Court/Play set brochure and location on lot, Plotted Pool design. Please submitt your request by clicking here.
  • chevron_right13. I'd like to landscape my front yard. Do I need HOA approval?
    Landscaping generally does not require Architecture Review Committee or Board approval. However, residents must take care not to encroach on a neighbor's lot.
    Certain requirements for landscaping are in the Kings Crossing CC&Rs which includes, for example:
    1) Every front yard must include two trees, at least 3-inch in girth.
    2) Trash receptacles must be kept out of sight from the street on non-trash days.
    In the Master portion of Kings Crossing, streets are city-owned and maintained (The Domain and Garden Court own and maintain their own streets). As such, city ordinances such as the obstruction of sidewalks in any fashion by allowing landscape overgrowth to impede pedestrian traffic must be obeyed or the homeowner may be fined by the city.
  • chevron_right14. What should I do before buying a home in an HOA?
    1. Read the CC&Rs that govern the community and make sure you can abide by them.
    2. Review the HOA's financial statements and have a lawyer or accountant review them for irregularities.
    3. Find out what the monthly dues are and make sure you can afford them.
    4. Ask if a reserve study has been done for long-term necessary maintenance and how the reserve is funded.
    5. Find out if there is any litigation pending against the HOA.
    6. Determine the last time and how often dues have been increased.
    7. Find out if there are any special assessments pending, meaning that the HOA is seeking additional funding from homeowners.